Sa Huynh Cultural Museum in Hoi An, displays a unique and rich collection. With over 1000 artifacts, related to the ancient inhabitants of the Sa Huynh cultural system, dating back 2000 years ago – residents are considered the owners of the ancient port town of Hoi An, which has a relationship with both Southeast Asia, South India and China.
Sa Huynh archaeological relics are distributed mainly on the system of dunes – dunes, along the ancient flows, with topography of the river – sea – swamp origin formed by the process of sea reclamation and sediment accumulation. calculus.
The artifacts on display at the Sa Huynh Cultural Museum have very reliable archaeological addresses, because along with the artifacts are the system of documents, photographs … clearly showing their locations in the ground.
Through documents and artifacts, the Museum also reflects many other information about profane, conception of life and death, aesthetic perception, exchange relationship … of the ancient inhabitants of Sa Huynh cultural system on Hoi An land.
During the Sa Huynh period, the agriculture of wet rice cultivation, exploitation and processing of river and sea products, handicrafts such as forging, weaving, carpentry, jewelry making, etc.
were quite developed. And also clearly show the relationship, cultural exchange in the country with other countries in the North, the South and the region. It can be said that from this time, Hoi An was the port town in central Vietnam.
In particular, the Sa Huynh Cultural Museum also exhibits a number of artifacts discovered at Bai Ong – Cu Lao Cham site, proving that since prehistoric times more than 3000 years ago, indigenous people lived in here.
In addition, the Sa Huynh Cultural Museum also reflects many other information about professions, the concept of life and death, aesthetic perception, the relationship of exchange … of the ancient inhabitants of the Sa Huynh culture system on Hoi An land.
- Address: 149 Tran Phu Street – Hoi An City – Quang Nam
- Contact phone: 0510.3861535
- The museum is open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm every day of the week.
- Particularly on the 10th of every month, the Museum is closed to perform professional tasks.
Rules for visiting the Museum:
- There are entrance tickets.
- Polite clothes when visiting the museum.
- Do not touch objects.
- All acts of causing damage and properties must be compensated.
- Keep order and general hygiene.
- All requests and suggestions, please contact the manager or record them in the comment book.