Dong Dinh Museum is located on a steep slope upstream of Hoang Sa Street and Son Tra Peninsula in Da Nang.
The garden of memories has recreated ancient features. A unique cultural address. Harmoniously combining forest ecological space conservation with art and culture space.
Here visitors can come to relax, rest and admire the world of forests, trees and grass. Being taken care of quite harmoniously between architectural functions and ecological functions.
Model House Garden
The museum follows a model of the Quang Trung garden area. With fruit trees and green grass. Around the garden are arranged small paths of paving stone. Giving visitors a relaxing feeling like being back to their own childhood garden. The project owner tried to create and named it “Dong Dinh Museum – a garden of memories”.
That memory is rediscovered by the image of the family tree. A coconut tree often grows in Son Tra nature reserve. Perhaps the owner of this place has named its museum. A rocky forest garden for groups of friends or family after visiting the museum. Create a relaxing space to rest and listen to the wind of leaves and the song of wild birds.
There are four aquariums scattered in the garden to create a cool effect for the garden.
About the display of the collections include:
a. Two ancient houses
Built in the style of Kim Bong’s architectural style, with a space imbued with ancient nature. In the architectural style of the worker Kim Bong, with a space imbued with the ancient quality.
- The traditional house of this square is originally Le Tuat’s House. Who is considered the father of pottery in Quang Nam. Is the father of ceramic artist Le Duc Ha. At An Quán village, Điện Phương commune, Điện Bàn district, Quảng Nam province.
- Nguyen Nhan’s house in hamlet 3, Binh Quy commune, Thang Binh district, Quang Nam province. According to Mr. Nhan, this house was built by his father as a teacher in the 30s of the last century.
These two houses exhibit antique pottery collections under the following subjects:
- Sa Huynh culture, an ancient culture, together with Dong Son culture in the North and Oc Eo culture in the South formed the triangle forming the ancient culture of Vietnam.
- Champa pottery, this is a collection of ancient pottery found in the underground of Tra Kieu citadel (Duy Xuyen, Quang Nam). Currently the interest of archaeologists at home and abroad.
- Dai Viet Pottery is a diverse collection of types and dating from the beginning of the BC to the first half of the 20th century. The origin space of the collection almost extends from north to south. Among them are many ceramics of the Ly, Tran, Le so, Le-Mac and Nguyen dynasties. The artifacts speak of the prosperity of the ancestors’ ceramics.
- Collection of trade ceramics, dating from the beginning of the AD to the 17th century. Most are found in the ground and in the East Sea.
b. Modern architectural house
A modern architectural house utilizes forest ecological space to build on a gentle hill. This unique architecture has been highly appreciated by ecologists, architects at home and abroad to appreciate its expressive ability. This is a work used for displaying artworks. In the immediate future is a collection of paintings by two artists Dinh Y Nhi and Dang Viet Trieu.
This house is also a rotating place for works of art by other authors.
In addition, the auxiliary architectures of the project owner and manager also exhibit a quite unique ethnographic collection of ethnic minorities in the Central – Highlands region. These artifacts are worth noting because in addition to their discoveries, they also harmonize with the forest space around Son Tra Nature Reserve.
Come here, return to your childhood memories and enjoy the fresh air!
Tourists: VND 20,000 / person