Museum Military Region 5 is a revolutionary Military History Museum which was inaugurated and put into use on January 7, 1982 with a display area of 8,819 m2. In 1995, Area 5 Museum was ranked as a second National Museum.
The area for displaying heavy outdoor objects is 5,451 m2:
Including large mass weapons such as aircraft, tanks, armored vehicles, artillery from 75mm to 175 mm …, the weapons of the French and American army defeated by the army and the people of Zone 5 and reusing and fighting the enemy in wars of national liberation and national defense.
The inside display is 3,368 m2 including 12 rooms:
Display thousands of images, documents and artifacts of the birth, fight and victory of the Zone 5 armed forces over the past 70 years. Especially, there are many complexes, images and rare exhibits on display showing the creativity, originality and effectiveness of the local people’s war strength in Zone 5 in the two wars against the French colonialists and American imperialism like:
Combination of artifacts
- Artifacts form Ba Ba guerrilla team. One of the precursor organizations of the 5th Armed Forces Special Forces was established on March 10, 1945.
- Demonstrate the spirit of the army and the people of the 5th region with the people of the country. Conducted the uprising to seize power in the August Revolution of 1945.
- The artifact of the Xi Mang battle village is led by hero Dinh Nup. T in the resistance war against the French colonialists.
- Self-sufficient and self-supporting movement of Military Region 5 people in the war against the French.
- Victory of the Central Highlands and the Hue – Da Nang front in the anti-American resistance war in 1975.
- The victory of Playme and the victory of Van Tuong in the resistance against the US.
- Combination of the belt of killing Americans of people in zone 5 in the war against America.
- Reflecting the Holocaust of the US – Wei, and the hatred of the people and the people for their carnage.
The Museum’s in-kind collections:
- Seal of Saigon puppet regime from 1954 – 1975
- Collection of Trung Trung Newspaper
- Collection of self-made weapons of Military Region 5 people in the resistance war against the French colonialists
- Memories of resistance of officials and soldiers of Zone 5, in 2 wars of resistance against French colonialists and American imperialists.
- Relics of martyrs, Vietnamese volunteer soldiers, sacrificed while performing international missions in Laos and Cambodia.
- Photo collection of President Ho Chi Minh
- Free for domestic guests.
- VND 20,000 for foreign guests.